Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Very Stupid Things

A couple of incidents last night made me wonder what was going on with the world. The first happened as I was driving on a winding road called Scenic Highway. As I crossed over Interstate 10, I saw two cars sitting in the right lane waiting to turn onto the interstate. The strange part of it was that the light was green, so they could go at anytime. When I got closer, the lead car suddenly turned left in front of me. I hit the brakes fairly hard to keep from running into him. Unfortunately, the guy kept going, apparently heading for the Dairy Queen on the left side of the road. Due to cars waiting to turn left, he couldn’t see oncoming traffic, and a car slammed into him. For the rest of the night, I thought about that and said to myself, “What a moron!”

The second event happened at about midnight. My neighbors have been getting on my nerves with loud music and shouting at odd hours of the night. Last night, just as I was about to drift off to sleep, I heard what sounded like someone using a power tool of some sort. I went next door to tell them to stop, and, when they opened the door, I discovered what they were doing. The noise was from a vacuum. Yes, they were vacuuming at midnight. Personally, I’ve never wanted to do housework late at night, but I could be in the minority (I doubt it). I’ve kept this issue fairly quiet, so to speak, but it might be time to talk to the property manager.

No comments: