Saturday, January 26, 2008

Strange Encounter

Something happened to me yesterday that makes me think that I get weirded out too easily. I was at one of my favorite restaurants, O’Zone, about to enjoy a calzone when a woman walked up and said hi and invited me to her table. Now, in this town, when people walk up to you, they usually have an agenda. Often, it involves religion. I have somewhat strong views on personal beliefs mainly that one shouldn’t try to force beliefs upon others. Oddly enough, that’s not what this woman had in mind.

The first thing she did after saying hi, introducing herself (unfortunately, I’m horrible with names, so I can’t tell you hers), and shaking my hand, she gave me a hug. That was weird, I thought. Then, she sat down, and offered to buy me a drink (I don’t drink, so I turned her down). We had a short conversation where she tried to get me to do a few strange facial expressions before she gave me another hug, blew me a kiss, and returned to her table.

People might think that she was hitting on me, but I saw her leave with a guy that looked fairly close to her. Then again, she did just hug a stranger twice. If she was hitting on me, she came on both too strong and too weird, at least for me. Maybe it was too weird because it doesn’t happen that often.

No comments: