Thursday, January 3, 2008

Big Voice

I had a musical awakening tonight as I was driving home from work: I really like Sara Bareilles’s music. Some background first:

I first saw the video for “Love Song” several weeks ago. Frankly, I wasn’t that impressed. The song had probably one of the best first lines I’ve heard in a song, but, other than that, I didn’t really like it. I felt that her voice was somewhat thin, and I didn’t see me purposely looking for her music.

Then, two weeks or so ago, I was at Chris’s office (yes, the same one mentioned in My Very First Post). Along with giving me a Christmas present (a keychain that can show digital pictures), he gave me Little Voices in a trade. The first track is “Love Song.” The CD gets MUCH better after that. I think there are at least four or five songs that would’ve caught my attention and made me want to learn more about Bareilles. If she keeps making songs like “Vegas,” I think greater things can be expected from her.

No comments: