Friday, March 7, 2008

Catching Up

I’d planned to update earlier this week, but life decided to throw me a bunch of things to do at work. The result was that I was too tired to do anything, and I spent most of my energy trying to stay awake past eight PM. A few things of note happened in the last week:

Ye Olde Dance Music

We’re by the jousting ring, right next to the DJ booth. –Michael

Last Saturday, I went to the annual Renaissance Fair. The above quote should tell you how closely they came to medieval times. It was an…interesting experience. They had Asian food, which was apparently a staple of Renaissance Europe. They did have jousting, but the playing of the first measures of “We Will Rock You” broke the mood. Did I mention they had a DJ booth? When we walked in, they were playing electronic dance music. It felt more like a pseudo-medieval crafts fair with all of the booths selling stuff.

Will I go back next year? Who knows.

Road to Nowhere

As part of my job at a TV station, I occasionally have to leave the building to shoot video. This last week, I drove 150 work related miles. I don’t think I drove 150 work related miles this year before last week. Did I also mention that I’m tired?

In addition to the driving, I have to edit the footage that I got. I also have to edit one show and a promo that might actually be done. My standard response to stuff that we should do (not necessarily has to be done), is now, “I’ll add that to the list.” I don’t expect to get to those things anytime soon.

Philadelphia Freedom

Next Thursday I leave for my long awaited trip to Philadelphia to see relatives, eat cheesesteaks, and remember what it’s like to be in a city. I’ll have a wrap up of the trip when I get home.

No comments: